Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 2.

Clare and I at our finest.



Day 2 - A picture of you and the person you used to be close with.

One summer day, 6-year-old me decided to be a creep and prowl around my neighborhood, cutting through backyards and trespassing through gardens among my block. Well, I ended up in the backyard kitty-corner from mine because they had a really neat swing-set, and I loved swings.

So there I am, casually swinging on someone else's property, when a girl comes out of the house and sees me. Startled, I bolt out of their backyard and back into my own. Also startled, the girl gets her older brother and follows me into my backyard.

I'm sitting on my patio, panting with the adrenaline of becoming an unwanted, discovered intruder, when I see them standing there. They introduced themselves, and from then on, Clare and I were best friends.

We went to different elementary schools, so we were really only summer and weekend best friends, but it didn't matter. I used to go over to her house without telling my parents, completely uninvited; she did the same. Eventually, if our parents couldn't find us in the house, they assumed we were at each other's.

We'll always be close friends, no matter what. But nothing can replace the wild and imaginative adventures we shared in our youth :]



confused? check out what i'm doing here: http://yoplaityogurt.blogspot.com/2011/02/30-day-challenge.html

No comments:

Post a Comment